Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Third Day of the Last Week

I was at San Juan Hand Therapy this morning working with the therapy techs observing their daily work day. The cool thing about this was a patient that had three pens removed on Monday in Dr. Anderson’s clinic came in this morning for therapy, so I was able to make that connection. This also helped me with hand anatomy because that is a large thing they focus on to do their job right. For lunch, Zach and I presented our projects to the RMEC staff along with Dr. Youssef and his close staff. This was a very nerve racking thing to prepare for because of how intimidating the staff was, but once it began, it didn’t end up being that bad. We also got to sit in on a meeting with Dr. Youssef where he was preparing with the research staff for a conference in Australia, and also developing/refining a book chapter they wrote on ALIFs. Watching this conference was amazing to me because I didn’t realize they were involved in so many things. After this we went to the billing department to see what all that entails, and I was stunned by how complicated it all is. One thing that I took away from this is that I would never want to run a private practice on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment